About Us

Welcome to Central High School.  Central High School is a three-story gothic structure first occupied in 1922, with its first class graduating in June 1923.  The beauty of this building, which occupies four city blocks, is emphasized by its courtyard and a seventy-five foot clock tower in the center of the building.  To the east is an enclosed concrete football stadium which seats approximately 7,000.

2006 brought about tremendous changes from a structural standpoint to Central High School.  A $19 million dollar bond permitted the structural and technological advancements to the building that were completed in 2009.  Central’s historically intact façade, including upgrades to the oft-recognized tower, was completed with respect to masonry, asbestos removal, and low UV windows as well as ventilation, landscaping and the addition of a first floor media center and band wing.  Interior electrical upgrades permitted the addition of numerous computer labs to allow students the opportunity to compete in a technologically advanced world.

At Central we are:  Preparing students for their future...High Expectations, High Standards, No Excuses. 

Documents to View/Download
Access this URL (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vbH9NB5zot4zrLr5aZ71mVe3VlncYYc4/view?usp=sharing)AER Letter[CHS 2017-18]
Download this file (18FY_Profile-CHS.pdf)Central High School Profile[2017-18]